Monday, September 27, 2010

Do you have elephants in your closet???

Today is the day I begin to organize my life!!! Yeah!!! When I think about getting my life organized I can get overwhelmed. At this point though, the exciting part is that I am ready to start. I once heard the question asked, "How do you eat an elephant?" the answer was, "One bite at a time"! So today I am going to eat my first bites.

I read this great quote today by Edward W. Smith and he said,"Make room for the new you. You may not have totally determined who the new you is going to be, but you probably have decided that there are some things about the current you, that you want to change. Well while you are working on what the new you will be, start 'cleaning out a room' for the new you to live in. Get rid of the junk in your life both physical and mental that doesn't fit you anymore. Take things out of your schedule that are taking your time away from finding out what you want to do. By making room for the new you, you will create a vacuum that the new you will rush in to fill and you will be on your way to the top."

I am going to start by deep cleaning one room in my house. Anything that I'm not using, I'm going to get rid of or if it is a keepsake I'm going to box it up and put it in storage. I'm going to clean blinds,windows and re-paint the room and trim boards, re-place the closet door with a new one, and put in new carpet. I'm going to do that one room at a time until all the bedrooms are totally re-done and then I will feel like I have a new home!

I'm also going to be working on organizing ME! I have some goals I am starting today that will make me a new and improved woman! Not only do we allow physical clutter to become "elephants" in our lives, we allow mental and emotional clutter, limiting believes, negative self talk and other bad habits that creates clutter that traps our souls. It affects all areas of our lives and prevents us from becoming the person we are meant to be. The question you have to ask yourself is what are you willing to give up to allow that creative, happy person to break free? Then you've FOUND the beginning to your journey!!!

If you know there is a happier person just dying to get out, or you are know what you want but don't know where to start, or have issues with time management, just let me know. I'd be happy to visit with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment