Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday moments (NEW)

I usually "rest" from my labors on Sundays.  But I enjoy blogging so much that I thought I could blog about something positive I learned on Sunday or what ever my thoughts and feelings take me.  So this is going to become a regular posting for me.

Today was a such a great day!  I truly look forward each Sunday.  Today I was pleasantly surprised because one of our young men is going to serve a church mission.  It was his farewell.  The meeting was filled with beautiful music that just made me cry because it was SO beautiful.  Plus we got to hear his parents, brothers speak and then he spoke.  I truly felt the Spirit so strong!  I'm very happy for this young man and I have no doubts that he will do much good on his mission!  He will be volunteering 2 years of his life to the service of the Lord.  What an honor!  The church was packed today with everyone friends and family from miles around to support him and wish him well.  I know that he will be richly blessed and his family will as well.  When our son served on his church mission our family never was blessed more!  It was amazing!

I love our Savior, Jesus Christ with ALL my heart!  I know he lives and loves each and every one of us.   He cares deeply about each of us, even in the little things.  He gave his life so that we might live again with Him, Heavenly Father and our families. I know that God lives and that he is our Heavenly Father.  I'm grateful more than words can express that God allowed us to come to this earth and live as families.  I'm grateful for my wonderful husband and our children and grandchildren.  Life with out them would be a totally sad and lonely way to live.  They are my best friends.  I'm so grateful that we are so close.  When we get together it is a very special time for me.  I hope and pray that you had a very special Sunday as well!  Talk to you more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment